[Hotel Review] Hatyai Holiday Hotel @ Hat Yai, Thailand "Hidden Gem in the Town 泰好玩,太好買!

by - January 22, 2017

Sawadeeka, travellover! After my Krabi trip, I have a short gateway to Hatyai with my parents. Hatyai is a familiar place for those people who stay at Kedah and Penang. So, do I who is a Penangite!! This time I got a different experience with parents. We drive to the border area and park our car at the Malaysia Duty-Free Mall with RM16/night (overnight).  We get to there by a van with only around RM6/trip to our hotel.  This trip I want my parents to be more relax and enjoy the slow pace moment. The things we wanna do is EAT, SHOP & SLEEP !! **If you plan to drive to Thailand, you check out my previous post about road trip to Krabi Trip.


This time we have 2-day stay at Hatyai Holiday Hotel where you can find a lot hidden gem around the hotel.  And I will talk about my stay’s experience with you all. Before that, I’ll have a simple introduction about this hotel.

This hotel was opened since 5 years ago. Is a good news for the Muslim as this hotel has been halal certified.  It was a 3-star hotel where you can step into one of 90 inviting rooms and escape the stresses of the day with a wide range of amenities such as complimentary tea, towels, slippers, additional toilet, complimentary instant coffee which can be found in some rooms. They have 3-types of rooms which superior twin, superior double and holiday suite.


It offers modern air-conditioned rooms with a cable TV and free Wi-Fi. The property is equipped with karaoke facilities, a 24-hour front desk and car and motorbike rental services.

I was staying in the Holiday suite. My first impression of the room is its’ name – Holiday. It makes me feel like want to stay longer a bit.  These are some of the point I will concern when I booking for a hotel. So, I will tell you my experience in this hotel.

1. Location []
Hatyai Holiday Hotel is a 5-minute walk to Kim Yong Market and Plaza Market while 10minutes walk to the Lee Garden Area and Robinson Shopping CentreThe Kim Yong Market is a heaven of shopping for those who like shoes and bags. My mum has found her favourite shoes at there. The important thing you must remember was to bargain with the seller. If you plan to go Khlong Hae Floating Market, just take 15min only Tuk Tuk and you will reach your destination.
Kim Yong Market
As a backpacker or traveller, I’m a person who likes to walk and explore new place so there is not a problem for me.  And because of staying this hotel, I had found out a lot of new things.




Along the hotel area, there is a lot of wholesales supplier shop include shops that sell household products, gift shop, beauty accessories products, shawl and lots more. Gosh, you may find a lot of good and cheap products there which you cannot find at Lee Garden area.  See what I have bought >> Those accessories cost around RM2 each.

Apart from this, you can explore their morning market and see them packing and sending all the vegetables to the buyer. All you can see is fresh vegetables and fruits.  You not only can see them selling veggie and fruits but also fashion apparel which you can find in the indoor area.  From head to toe, you can purchase a lot of cheap and special stuff there. So, prepare more Thai Baht. Haha XD !! 
Besides that, the Hatyai train station is just nearby the hotel too.  If you plan to continue your journey to the North, this hotel could be a good choice!

For the Muslim, there was not a problem for you to pray in the mosque located just a stone’s throw away from the hotel.
Photos below Is a non-halal restaurant where just around 10minutes walk from Hatyai Holiday Hotel
The price can as low as RM82/night for the superior room.  The price is quite affordable and you get a comfortable and private stay.  This is suitable for family, couple, and businessman to stay. You can find a great deal either from Agoda.com or Booking.com.

3.Service []
If you wished to try the local transport to a further place like Central Festival Mall, Asian Market or Greenway Market (Wed-Sun 5pm-10pm), you may rent the bike or car at the reception area. [Bonus Info: now Central Festival Mall has provided free data 10mb and free charging phone for tourists].Apart from this, they had provided daily housekeeping for our room. That time I need a hair dryer after a bath, I just called up the reception and they had sent me the hair dryer within minutes. They had provided me fresh fruit as well.  The receptionist was very friendly and they can speak well in Thai, English and Malay.
4. Facilities []
Hatyai Holiday Hotel have their own cafe-New York Coffee Shop that provides Halal food everyday. I had my 2-days breakfast at the cafe and it served hot after you had ordered. 

The hotel also had a conference room where you can have a business meeting, wedding event or birthday bash. All you need just booking in advance. The special things worth to mention there was a Karaoke room for those people who love to sing. 
 
About the Wifi, the coverage was quite strong and I surfed the internet smoothly in the hotel as this short trip I didn't rent a pocket wifi. I was very satisfied with the Wifi service! A thumbs up for it  

5.Cleanliness []
The room is quite clean as the housekeeping service was carried out daily. Thus, I had no worry about the cleanliness. 

My Personal Experience:
Overall rating for this Hatyai Holiday Hotel >>> I would definitely come back to stay in this hotel. I can shop more for cheap stuff !! 

For more information, check out their 
Check-in time: 2.00pm Check-out time: 12.00pm

Shinmay

Don't Forget!
--Follow Me--

You May Also Like

14 comments

  1. So enjoy.. Lovely hotel.. Shall consider this hotel If I go Hatyai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the hotel is really affordable. It seems very nice too. will book it next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cosy looking hotel.. will consider if I head to Hatyai...I have not been there yet.. hah

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room looks spacious and clean. Will stay there during my next trip to Hatyai.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hotel rooms is very nice, and halal cretified! That's cool :)

    Have you enjoyed shopping too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am surprised at the rate of this hotel. The price is so friendly, considering it s three-star with the usual amenities. Thanks for recommending.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish to go to hatyai soon, so many things to buy. I love thai food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the travel tips! I miss the Thai foods already. =X

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hotel looks really good for a 3 star hotel. Actually better than what I expected!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven been to Hatyai in at least 10yrs and it is so developed now! Thanks for sharing your accommodation cos I think will stay there too if I head there

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that the location is near to all the shopping destination!! Can shop and eat whole day >.<

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the hotel looks lovely and the amenities provided here seems aplenty too. The layout and interior for the room seems nice as well- glad that you had such a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow seems like you travel a lot !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent blog.
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. It's helped me a lot.
    hotel concepts thailand

    ReplyDelete