[Poland Series] Wrocław 弗罗茨瓦夫 | The Dwarf City

by - February 03, 2016



Why do I say so?  This is because there is more 100++ dwarf statue hide in the city. I’m feeling excited to find out the hidden dwarf statue when I’m in the town.

My first impression of this city is I have a difficulty in reading the “Wrocław” name. I think most of the tourist will have the same problem like me except the native polish people. If you want to know to say, you may search from Wikipedia. Haha :D This city is quite similar with Poznan, another city in Poland. When I’m at their Old Town, I feel like the same and easily get confused.

I have a short trip in Wrocław where I only stay there for 1 night. So, I just visit a few place. And, I think that Wrocław is not that big, thus, I just suggest you visit there for 3days2night or 4days3nights.

---Journey starts---

1. Old Town Area
---Old Market Square
     >> Hala Targowa
             ** easily be found as the market hall is located right in front of the tram
                  stop
              ** There are vast array of stalls that selling fruits, vegetables and
                 flowers on the ground floor whereas the second floor is selling clothes
                 and handicraft.
                    >>> Town Hall, Museum of Burgher Art
                           **known as Muzeum Sztuki Mieszczańskiej
                           ** the structure seem like patched bits and pieces of different
                                buildings
                           **Stands at the centre city’s of market square
                           **one of landmark of Wrocław
                           ** I like the outer design of the hall, it looks spectacular
Take a break first ~  
2.Bridges
--- Piaskowy (Sand) Bridge
     >>> the oldest preserved water crossing of Wrocław
     >>> The red colour of the bridge make me think of Golden Gate bridge
---Tumski Bridge
    >>>Aka lover bridge /Cathedral Bridge/Green Bridge
>>> full of padlocks but where is Key ??!! Answer is they will throw key into the Odra River
>>> but not as famous like the lock bridge at Paris

**Another 2  bridges worth to visit (I have no time to visit)
1.Zwierzyniecki Bridge >>> Previously is a wooden bridge built in1655
Location: Located near the Centennial Hall, the Japanese garden, and the biggest zoo in Poland
2.Rędziński Bridge>>> 70 000m2 of concrete
                                 >>>longest reinforced concrete suspension bridge
  >>> the longest bridge to be suspended on only                                                   one pylon 
                                 >>>bridge with the longest reinforced concrete span

3. Cathedral of St. John the Baptist
---I do like the design of this amazing architecture
---Stunning view of the 2 tower that rises to the sky
---I do not have ample of time to get up the top of the tower
**Do visit the cathedral for superb night view as the light highlighted more  
its structure
   Entrance Fee: Adult – 5 zł, children/concessions – 4 zł
Visiting Period: Visiting is possible before and after Masses.
                             [Weekdays : 9.45am-5.30pm,Sunday: 2.00pm-4.00pm]

4. Sky tower
---sky tower observation deck
   >> The tallest building in the city that build when 2007
   >> up to 49th floor
   >> Ticket can be purchase at the shopping mall (the merchandise shop of
                  the sky tower)
   >> Ticket Fee: 15 zloty
   >> Location: Entrance to the observation deck located on the outside of 
                   the shopping mall
   >> I had enjoyed the amazing panoramic view of the city, it’s awesome!!

5. Galerie Stare Jatki(Old Butcher's Shop)
--I have missed up this awesome place!!
--When I find out that place, all the shop there had closed..T_T
--You may found the cheapest souvenir at this gallery, so mark this point if you would like to buy souvenir
--This place actually easily be seen as you may found out 2 cutie pig statue at the entrance there.

Let's go shopping !! :D
Accommodation 住宿
Office: Ruska 49, 50-079 Wrocław, Poland
I use booking.com 
Room: Apartment Style
Rate: ☆☆☆☆ my review
**You get free map from friendly staff at the reception includes the map of dwarf statue too

Booking.com

Food
1. Chatka przy Jatkach
Find me at  Odrzańska 7, 50-113 Wrocław, Poland
Rate: ☆☆☆

2. Kurna Chata
Find me at Odrzańska 17, 50-113 Wrocław, Poland
Search me at http://www.kurnachata.pl/galeria.html
Rate: ☆☆☆☆



3.Pierogarnia Stary Mlyn
Find me at Rynek 26, 50-101 Wrocław, Poland (at old town area)
Rate: ☆☆☆
Spinach Pierogi
4.Spiz
Find me at: Ratusz 2, 50-106 Wrocław, Poland (near the old town hall)
Search me at http://spiz.pl/wroclaw/#kontakt
** Price for one glass of Piwo (Beer) is 10Zloty
 
Come and find me if you think of Pierogi ^^


Word by Shinmay




Related Poland Link

You May Also Like

41 comments

  1. Hye shiin may ! met you yesterday !!!!!! Poland looks like a nice country to visit, any great guy there hahah !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha~ Syafiera ~is great to know you !! :) Poland is a nice place and most of the guy only speak polish ..lol

      Delete
  2. Looking at your photos makes me so wanna go there now... The place is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha~ thanks ^^ Wroclaw is a great place to explore for the dwarfs statue ..ahaha

      Delete
  3. I hope one day I can travel to Poland too! Wroclaw is a place that worth to visit! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faster plan a trip to Poland ~ The currency is almost same with malaysia ringgit ^^ Their food price like the KL food but more bigger portion ~

      Delete
  4. I have not heard of this city (I am sheepish to admit) but I love it. It's definitely a place I am going to pen down as a place to visit. Thanks for the awesome photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people don't know about this city in Poland ~ Usually they will travel to the more famous spot ~ That why i write about this post...ahaha

      Delete
  5. how great can travel to Europe!! miss all the view here !!wish one day i got apportunity to visit Poland!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. faster plan a trip to Poland ~ The currency is almost the same with Malaysia ~ Their food
      price is around RM5-6 like KL Food but in bigger portion^^

      Delete
  6. Looks like a beautiful place to visit and experience some life and lviing there.. you are so lucky to get to travel there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I'm appreciate that i got the great opportunity to explore and know more other country culture ~

      Delete
  7. Wow Poland! Seldom hear of my friends visiting there haha. So nice you can travel to so many places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya , Many people will go other place in Europe but not poland~ But i will suggest to go there as the currency is almost the same with Malaysia~

      Delete
  8. WOW! never been there before, but would love to visit one day :) Such a nice write up on dwarf city

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is a great chance to explore this dwarf city ...I miss the food and drinks there ..ahaha
      Faster plan a trip there...

      Delete
  9. It is always nice to explore different countries and their cultures. Your photos are telling lot of things about Poland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ^^ i'm appreciate that someone know what i'm write all these travel ...not because of wanna show off but in a sharing way ~ ahaha

      Delete
  10. Love their market! The food makes me drooling. LOL. Looking forward for your next post on this trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya , their food is quite nice ^^ Stay tuned for my next travel post ~

      Delete
  11. Did you manage to look for all the dwarf? The view from the top building is so pretty! The food look quite sumptuous also hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually no, there is over 100+ dwarf in the city ~ I search it by fortune ~normally i just walking and look around the city..At that moment , i try to look down the street to search for the cutie dwarf ^^

      Delete
  12. I love all your photos and wish I can visit there also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ~ you can do it too, Kelly ^^ I have been followed your instagram and knew that you had visited Hokkaido~ I cant wait to see your Hokkaido post ..ahaha
      If you wish to see more photo , you may follow my instagram @travellover23

      Delete
  13. Wow Poland, my relative is from there too, now I know the envinronment that he lived before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really ??!! then you should grab the chance go there visit them and travel around there ...The currency is almost the same(1:1) like Malaysia..The food there big in portion which very suit for guy stomach..haha ~

      Delete
  14. Poland looks wonderful and wish too visit the place sometime. Still on my travel list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Poland is a nice place to visit ~ great to know this country ~

      Delete
  15. Always love to read your travel log because makes me want to travel there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha ...thanks ya ~ More travel post will come ~ Hope you like it ~ If you wish to see more photo, you can follow my instagram @travellover23

      Delete
  16. I read about the dwarf city a lot! Wish to visit some for sure! Keeping your infos noted☺️

    Much Love... GreenStory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ~hope this post could help you !! ^^

      Delete
  17. so lovely here! I love Europe and you made me miss it so much now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha...i miss there too...Is good to know more about Europe country ...now *saving money* ..
      If you would like to see more photo about my europe travel , you may follow my instagram @travellover23..hehe

      Delete
  18. I always love to see all the nice picture that you have capture during your travelling period. Poland really big , colourful and clean place to be visit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faster put as your wishlist , betty! Is worth to go ~ ^^

      Delete
  19. Poland is a must visit country for sure, with all the beautiful views and deep history

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaya..is worth if you want to travel to a cheaper country in Europe ~

      Delete
  20. The sky is so blue there! Love the architecture. Looks like you managed to try their local cuisine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaya...the scenery view there is damn superb ~ I did managed to try their local cuisine ...quite nice ..Their food quite suit my taste..ahaha

      Delete
  21. thanks for compliment ~ they are so cute when you found at the corner of the town ~

    ReplyDelete