Amsterdam 阿姆斯特丹 --The Venice of North北方威尼斯--

by - November 09, 2015


Amsterdam is a wonderful city in term of culture, language, courtesy and their warmth. I know about Amsterdam for the first time was from a secondary novel called “Aku Anak Timur”.  The second time I knew this city more deeper was from the movie “The Fault in Our Stars”. I loved this city so much and wished that the time could stop at that moment. The friendly Dutch people can speak well in English and thus you no need to worry about the communication with the local people. When I step in this beautiful wonderland, the song sang by Ed Shereen had surrounded in my mind, and felt very excited and eager to explore this city. The first things you will be found was the Dutch people like to ride bicycle more than driving a car.

---List of the Place that worth going ---

1.  Zaanse Schans- A Windmill Village
Schansend 7, 1509 AW Zaandam, Netherlands
--A must to visit this place
--Be alert the wind is very strong (p/s wear a jacket)
--You may test their chocolate drink
--You can buy the tickets upon arrival.
--How to go from City Centre: just need to buy bus ticket

Enjoy the strong wind blowing...HAHA
You may buy the pinwheel as souvenir


Typical souvenir you have to buy is the wooden shoes
2. Keukenhof--The Tulip Garden
Stationsweg 166A, 2161 AM Lisse, Netherlands
-- Second-must visit place –Garden Of Europe--
--Only available between March and May [for 2016: 24March-16May Time:8.00-19.30]
--Ticket can be purchased online HERE

there are a lots of special name for the tulips ^^ not only this...
3. The Red Light District
--a nice experience to explore..haha
--Prostitution is legal and Amsterdam most of it is concentrated in the Red Light District where it has enjoyed a long tradition of tolerance.
**Things need to be alert at RLD
----don’t take photo of the occupied window
----try to go in a group
----Watch-out with the pick-pockets
4. Albert Cuyp Market
--largest market in Amsterdam
--over 100 years of liveliness
--opening hours: Mon-Sat 9am-5.00pm
--You may try the typical Dutch cuisine—herring and fruits too
Typical Dutcf Snack--Herrings
some of things looks similar with our chinese traditional item..
5.   Museum quarter (Museumplein)
-- Nestled south of Leidseplein 
-- You may find the “I Love Amsterdam” logo and the bunny sculpture there
--is best place for family weekend activities. I wish to stay there too...
6. Anne Frank House
Prinsengracht 263-267, 1016 GV Amsterdam, Netherlands
--the house where Anne Frank hiding during World-War II
--you may find out the famous diary she wrote there
--photography is not allowed in the meseum
--Anne Frank was one of the jewish girl who has been caught to the Concentration Camp at the Auschwitz-Birkenau.
--This place also the scene where the film “The Fault in Our Stars” taken

Accomodation 住宿
Hotel Slotania
Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Price: around RM20 /pax
I’m using hostelworld.com for booking 8 people’s dorm
Rate : 4 Star

Food 食物
--Breakfast at hostel (only 5€ eat all you can)
  Rate: 4 Star
-- Amsterdam Sloterdijk (bus station)—I buy kebab at there and the taste quite nice

Manneken Pis
Damrak 41, 1012 LK Amsterdam, Netherlands
--is a No.1 french fries in Holland
-- lotsof of sauce to choose (original, curry…)
-- Rate: 4 Star
--I strongly recommend this!!
Croissanterie De Oude brug
Oudebrugsteeg 28, 1012 JP Amsterdam, Netherlands
--a varieties of sweet cakes, waffles
--you will attract by the appearance of the cakes because it was too beautiful, but after all, it’s taste just normal [**maybe I’m not fond of sweet things]
--Rate: 2 Star
The Pancake Bakery
Prinsengracht 191, 1015 DS Amsterdam, Netherlands
--you may try their traditional dutch pancake
Rate: 4 Star
Click Here for more details...
Burgerlijk
gj, Runstraat 1, 1016 GJ Amsterdam, Netherlands
--the taste of the burger quite nice (** pork and beef)
--Rate:4 Star
De Drie Graefjes
Rokin 130 1012 LD Amsterdam
--try their Red Velvet Cake and tea
--best time to go: Tea time break 3-5pm
--Rate: 4 Star
Click on this Little sweet things
Barley Farm Shop
Prins Hendrikkade 11B, 1012 TK Amsterdam, Netherlands
--Is a place where selling the marijuana (FYI: Marijuana is legal in Holland, so don’t be afraid)
--The smell was stronger than the normal cigarette
**I'm here not encourage people to smoke as it doesn't bring any benefit to human but it is bad to our health
Click on their Online Shop

Photoss

One of the step of making cheese.You may buy their goat cheese as souvenir!!
Handsome baby boy 
You will see a lots of little canal along the road just like Venice
I was attracted by the design of the building ..Amazing sight view!!
If you have budget, you may try their canal boat
Special BEER BIKE --a lot of booze(barrel) in it ,you can drink and burn calories as well 
Next time I will try it !!
Link : Amsterdam Beer Bike


Shinmay





You May Also Like

46 comments

  1. Amsterdam looks so beautiful! Seriously the windmills and those gorgeous flowers are really breathtaking. The food sure looks really good too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amsterdam is a nice place to travel ! You may go there during between april and may as Tulip was blossom at the moment. I'm sure you will have a great view there !

      Delete
  2. So sad that I never travel out of Malaysia. *one day* But omg those flowers are so pretty! Your pictures are great ;) And oh yeah, nice to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anis, you should step out your first step to Amsterdam as it is a safe place to travel ! I'm sure won't regret when you see the flowers with your eyes ! Really ! I go on budget travel so i think you can do it too !!

      Delete
  3. Amsterdam!!on my bucket list already.not only the place is amazing, the foods looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. faster do it ! This place is damn awesome ~ you know i have eat the dutch fries everyday ! I'm addicted to it ...ahaha

      Delete
  4. I love your photos!!! the miniature windmill and the adorable rabbit sculptures!!! I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faster do it ! Go with your hubby for an aniversary trip~ Ahaha...Amsterdam is a nice place to travel. Its another venice in Europe!

      Delete
  5. Amsterdam really very beautiful!!!I love your photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! Plan a trip to there... i sure the place won't disappoint you and now everyone can fly already...ahaha

      Delete
  6. I need another trip back to Netherlands... huhuhu..... I love it soo much there but it has been over 10 years... it is one of my most favorite countries...I was there at Amsterdam, Delft, Rotterdam, Zan Schaans, Den Hague, Groningen and Leiden... it was a 2 month visit after all.. but in winter... summer is just so gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go there again , same as me , i will go back there because i just visit Amsterdam. I heard friends say Rotterdam not bad too..haha

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I will come to your blog if I wanna go there :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, i always welcome you~Any enquiries about amsterdam, you may ask me ! Its my pleasure to share my experience with you ;)

      Delete
  8. Your pictures really do made my day. Those flowers, treadmill and FOODS really making me want to go Amsterdam for a holiday. This place is in my bucket list!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faster plan a trip to Amsterdam before the flight ticket increase price ~haha

      Delete
  9. wah everything look great in amsterdam, pena berkala will visit this place soon !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amsterdam is a nice and safe place for us to travel ! Faster plan a trip to Amsterdam..:)

      Delete
  10. I love all the blue sky scenery at Amsterdam! When I visit Japan that time the sky was often glommy all the while TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go Japan this coming September which is the Summer season. Don't know it will hot like Malaysia ..haha

      Delete
  11. i will visit this lovely country next month. hope still manage to see some beautiful tulips. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you went early of May, i think you still can watch the tulip because I'm also went there during the early of May..

      Delete
  12. Haven't been to Amsterdam before, will bookmark this post for my travel reference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it's a must ! haha..Amsterdam is an awesome place to travel and explore ~

      Delete
  13. Fabulous view! I wanna visit there soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put in your travel bucket list...I bet you will not forget this amazing place! ;)

      Delete
  14. Can I visit Amsterdam NOW?! Ha ha, your post is so tempting. Photos are amazing especially tulips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can ! Book your ticket as the flight ticket will be increased in June! haha..If you see it by yourself , you will say my picture is real not for illustration...ahaha

      Delete
  15. Really nice place. Hope I can step foot in Amsterdam one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faster plan a trip to Amsterdam. You will have unforgettable moment there ~ ;)

      Delete
  16. IT's superbly beautiful with so many scenic views for a great photo op. Glad to see you enjoying the trip so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..travel really open my eyes and made me think in different perspective... Travel makes me happy too ..haha

      Delete
  17. so many beautiful photos, my must-visit place in my planning. hope it happens soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. make it happen, bro !! Wait to see your post soon ! ;)

      Delete
  18. Tulips!! Omg...it was so beautiful...i wish i can go there one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tulip is damn beautiful, so when you visit Amsterdam, you have to visit the Keukenhof Garden too...The view is damn awesome ~Trust me you wont regret !

      Delete
  19. Amsterdam is nice place and romantic place to visit. I love the pinwheel as is so special. I hope I can lade at Amsterdam one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya..It is a good place to travel with hubby ~ I also hope that i can back there again and laid on the grass because I cant do it in Malaysia [M'sia too hot]

      Delete
  20. Amsterdam is surely the most beautiful place and so scenic. Wish I could visit it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faster grab your passport and fly now ...ahaha.. I can say you wont't regret after visit there.. ;)

      Delete
  21. What an amazing trip! I would love to visit. All these photos are stunning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! Put in your travel list ~ You will amazed when you see it by yourself ! ;)

      Delete
  22. the scenery there is so breathtaking!! :D wish to travel there someday soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya..I like the view and people there~ Faster plan a trip before flight ticket increase ..haha

      Delete
  23. Awwww... So beautiful! I wish I can travel there someday. :D

    ReplyDelete