Beat myself by conquering 2058 steps Of KL Tower Marathon 2016

by - May 18, 2016



I feel really excited about joining this KL Towerthon as I first time experience it. At first, I thought that I just taking photos of the participant and take the lift up to the finish line. Like doing my job as a media~Ahaha. But I was in a dilemma and my mind keep on thinking wanna go or not ..Hmmm...At last, I decided to try it because this is great opportunity to know my limit can go how far. I can say I never regret at all in the end although feel wanna give up during the run.



WHY I keep on climbing ? First ,I have seen a lot of people which is older and also those disabled can complete their climb. My heart telling myself "They can do that and why I cannot complete ?! " This thinking make me climb until the end of the towerthon. I'm sweating like hell !Second,I run for charity which the money will be donated to the Yayasan Sejahtera Malaysia,  Do keep in mind ,stretching before a run !



The race was started at the KL Tower Open Parking area and ended at the Mega View Banquet Hall which is 288 metres above the sea level. We have to prove ourselves to reach the top of KL Tower by climbing 2058 steps. That time I heard about this number, I was like oh my god , can do that and many kinds of thinking pop out in my mind. Not only Malaysian take part in this awesome event but also from all over the world such  as Kenya, Philippine, Australia, German, Indonesia, Scotland , Japan and much more. This challenge was divided into 8 categories and the winner can stand a chance to walk away cash and medals which overall prize worth RM45,000. Another special reward is for "The Best Timing" for Malaysian Men and Women will win an additional RM1,000 and a gold coin.


A Little Facts about KL Tower (Menara KL)
>>> 7th tallest telecommunication tower in the world
>>> The tallest in Southeast Asia
>>> Known as Jewel in the Sky
>>>Height:421 metre
>>>Facilites : Sky Deck , Observation Deck, Revolving restaurant (Atmosphere 360), XD Theater, Blue Coral Aquarium, F1 Simulator, Upside Down House (Coming Soon), Forest Park and others
>>> : 9.00am-10.00pm Daily
>>>Signature Event : 1Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Heritage Xplorace
                                                   Night Towerthon Challenge
                                                   International Jump Malaysia (30Sept-2October 2016)
[Price List & Package]

Click for bigger image

 https://www.menarakl.com.my/
 https://www.facebook.com/officialmenarakl/?ref=br_rs
  http://instagram.com/MenaraKL

Take a video tour of KL TOWER Internation Towerthon Challenge 2016 
(Click for the best resolution) Taken Samsung Phone

Shinmay



You May Also Like

31 comments

  1. Congratulations! I would love to join this as well. Definitely a memorable experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanna experience it !!now busy take caring my toddler. i shall only able to take part on my 1st run on sept !!hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running to the top ? I should try it out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup ! run to the top which is the observation deck. You should try it mommy Jane ^^

      Delete
  4. Congratulation!! Next you should try to conquer Mt. Kinabalu! You'll definitely love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! BAz! Ya , this is in my list ^^ will ask for your advice when i went there or maybe we go there together. :D

      Delete
  5. haha, i was there to, it is really unbelievable experience
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg~you are there! we should meet together ^^

      Delete
  6. Really need to jot this down as having a memorable moment to run to the top of KL Tower, why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, it is an unforgettable moment in my life ~

      Delete
  7. Wow its definitely a great achievement, even I'd done Mt. Kinabalu climb, I would still hold back if I were to register for this challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks wern ling ~ you should try that..i bet you never regret ..ahaha

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations for completing it! will brace myself to join next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one ! This Remind me of many years ago, i do love sport especially Marathon.
    Was thinking should i back to this ? :O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations dear!! glad you made it all the way up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Keep it up with the energy =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is not a easy I could say, admire your braveness! Congrats that you made it all the way to 2058 steps =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awesome.. congratulations.. I have to practise more on Batu Caves steps then try it out the next race.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations and well done! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  16. it definitely is a healthy and fun challenge, i need to challenge myself too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! another milestones achieved

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg that's crazy! I cant even climb my uni stairs LOL. Proud of you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great! How I wish to participate in such events. Surely will build my stamina towards it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i missed this... oh my, wil definately join the next one

    ReplyDelete
  21. How can you do this? i wouldn't have the energy to walk up during shopping at the mall. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woah I think my legs will turn to jelly not even half way through! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, wish I have the stamina to finish this competition, time to start training :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw you in the event. proud of you as you manage complete it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratz!!! I only heard about this event from my BIL, but I will never participate in it lolx... Respect to ur courage! Stairs is my worst enemy hehe

    ReplyDelete